PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol
We have enhanced procedures and guidance on how to clean every room in a home. These guidelines will include a learning and certification program to empower our PMI franchise community of hosts with all the necessary tools to standardize and effectively execute the PMI Purify cleaning standard.
The PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol will include specific information on COVID-19 prevention, such as the use of personal protective equipment, like masks and gloves for hosts or their cleaners, as well as disinfectants that are approved by regulatory authorities. The protocol will be available to all franchisees, and we encourage them to commit to and adopt these enhanced cleaning practices. Listings enrolled in the PMI Purify Cleaning Protocol will be available for stays immediately after the enhanced cleaning is performed.
EPA-Approved Cleaning Supplies
Every Team Member Trained
Get In Touch With Us
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch. Want immediate help? Call us at 541.708.7521.
Owner or Renter?
What Is the PMI Purify 10-Step Enhanced Cleaning Process?
Step 1: Learn
Commit to enroll and study the PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol.
Step 2: Certify
Complete the PMI Purify Certification Program.
Step 3: Train
Conduct PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol training with your housekeeping staff.
Step 4: Follow The Wall
The “Follow The Wall" cleaning process is followed and inspected.
Step 5: Prepare
Proper preparation can help you and your team clean more efficiently and safely. Make sure to:
- Ventilate the space before and during cleaning when possible
- Use disinfectants approved by your local regulatory agencies for use against COVID-19
- Always read the directions and warnings on your cleaning products carefully
- Wash or disinfect your hands, and wear a mask and gloves while cleaning
Step 6: Clean
Cleaning is when you remove dust and dirt from surfaces, such as floors and countertops. Make sure to:
- Sweep, vacuum, dust, and mop areas before sanitizing.
- Wash all dishes and laundry at the highest heat setting possible.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with soap and water.
Step 7: Sanitize
Sanitizing is when you use chemicals to reduce the number of bacteria on surfaces such as doorknobs and TV remotes. Make sure to:
- Spray high-touch surfaces in each room with an approved disinfectant spray
- Let the disinfectant stand for the length of time specified on the product label
- Allow the surface to air-dry
Step 8: Check
To access custom cleaning checklists, go to Performance > Cleaning. Make sure to:
- Refer to the best practices in each room-by-room checklist to make sure that all areas are cleaned and sanitized between each stay
- Share these requirements with your hosting team and cleaning professionals
Step 9: Reset
To help prevent cross-contamination, it’s important to finish cleaning and sanitizing a room before replacing items for the next guest. Make sure to:
- Wash your hands and replace gloves before replacing guest supplies, linens, and cleaning kits
- Safely dispose of or wash cleaning supplies and protective gear
- Don’t re-enter a room once it’s sanitized
- Empty and clean your equipment (ex: vacuum, microfiber cloths) between each turnover
Step 10: Inspect
Inspect property after every clean to ensure proper execution of The PMI Purify Enhanced Cleaning Protocol.
- Central Oregon